Doukhobor Genealogy Website  

The Doukhobor Gazetteer - Search Details

 

Slavyanka

District: Kamsack
Province: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
 
In 1899, Doukhobors established the village of Slavyanka (Славянка) on Kamsack Creek in the present Kamsack district of Saskatchewan. It was named after the village of Slavyanka in Elizavetpol, Russia from whence they came. It was also known as Slavyanskoye (Славянское). In 1905, the village was relocated to two new sites, Slavnoye and Kapustino, located twelve miles north. The few who remained at the original site renamed it Staro-Slavyanka (Старо-Славянка) meaning “Old Slavyanka”. It was abandoned soon thereafter. (1901 pop. 147) [NW25-29-1-W2]
 

 

 

 
Search Again