Doukhobor Genealogy Website  

The Doukhobor Gazetteer - Search Details

 

Bogdanovka

District: Pelly
Province: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
 
In 1899, Doukhobors established the village of Bogdanovka (Богдановка) on the Swan River in the present Pelly district of Saskatchewan. It was named after the village of Bogdanovka in Tiflis, Russia from whence they came. In 1905, the village was relocated to a new site ten miles north-east and renamed Bogomdannoye. The few who remained at the original site renamed it Staro-Bogdanovka (Старо-Богдановка) meaning “Old Bogdanovka” in Russian. It was abandoned soon thereafter. [NW1-34-32-W1] [51.89116° N, -101.88008° W]
 

 

 

 
Search Again